Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (TANUVAS) wishes to be an institution of international eminence in Veterinary and Animal Sciences Education and Research to develop highly skilled manpower to disseminate scientific knowledge and skill to augment livestock and poultry productivity using technological advances in information technology, information technology support services and modern pedagogy by adopting team approach.
To strengthen the academic and basic research programmes to produce quality graduates.
- To provide an intellectually stimulating environment for students to pursue their education by providing smart classrooms, modern pedagogy and Information Technology (IT) / Information Technology Enabled Services (ITES) based education technology tools.
- To increase the availability of knowledge base by creating quality open content and to make it available to promote learning at any place at their convenience.
- To develop a sound intellectual base by improving the capacity of faculty through national and international programmes.
- To develop a system to sustain the institutional development programme to promote lifelong learning.
- To have an inclusive development policy in education development programmes to ensure development for everyone and to protect environment.
Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University affirms the values, culture, and integrity of a land-grant university to strive for excellence in all aspects providing instruction to students, to promote a collegial work and learning environment support for individual development of faculty, staff, and students such that they can achieve their full potential as veterinary practitioners, professionals, and good citizens.